Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Favorite Things from February

1. My very own TREADMILL!!!!!  I'm so super excited to have my own treadmill.  I've been wanting one since I started running three years ago.  It just so happened that our Pastor was selling his on the cheap and we decided to buy it...my husband rocks!  It's nothing fancy but it does everything I need it to and it's quiet enough for me to watch TV while I'm running-perfecto!


2. Finishing my (almost) first pair of socks.

This might be confusing but stick with me.  My good friend and coworker was retiring in November and she LOVES socks.  I've never knitted socks before but I really wanted to try just for her.  In October I started knitting my very first sock (one of the socks in the picture above) just to see if I could do it.  I figured it out and it didn't seem to take me all that long so I decided to give it a go.  I put these socks aside and started knitting the socks for my coworker.  In all truth those are my first finished pair of socks but one of these socks is my very first sock ever knitted...get it?  I'm very proud :)  The colorway of these socks is called London 2012 in honor of the 2012 Olympics-every time I look at these socks I think of Michael Phelps, gymnastics, the song "Home" by Phillip Phillips and the song "Call Me Maybe" by what's her face. (If any of you watched the Olympics you'll get the last two references).

3.  Playing board games with Logan
We played Candy Land for the first time in February and although it was a little hard on my patience (I don't nearly have enough some days...just ask my husband) he acutally understood it and we had fun-he won!

4.  Valentine's Day
My husband is awesome all year round but I like to make sure he knows how much I appreciate him.  This year for V Day instead of buying him something (he's so picky!) I made an awesome dinner of Chicken Pot Pies ( I seem to make these a lot) and Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting-delicious!  He did very well in the gift buying department with the first season of Downton Abbey! and some delicious salted caramels...so good.

That's all for February-can't wait for spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment