Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Favorite Things from January

January was a really busy month (obviously since it's March and I'm just finally blogging about it now!) so there aren't a whole lot of things on the list, but here they are anyways!

1. New Year's Eve
I was all gung-ho about the holidays this year.  We don't go out and party we stay in and I cook, we eat, I knit and we watch the ball drop on TV.  It's a tradition that I make Chicken Pot Pies for our "fancy" supper on New Year's.  It's one of my favorite things to make but it's pretty labor intensive.  It involves me being in the kitchen for two or three hours from start to finish but the end result is sooooo good!  The recipe that I use is from Anne Burrell.  I tweak it a little since I'm dealing with a picky eater (Jared-not Logan) but it's still really delicious and of course high fat. :)

2. My very first Knit-a-long.  I've been a member of Ravelry for a couple of years now and had always seen people posting projects from Knit-a-longs (KALs) and never knew what it meant.  I finally figured it out and decided that I would try one.  I loved it!  It happened to be a themed KAL for one of my new favorite TV shows which just happens to be my next favorite thing.



3. Downton Abbey!!!!!
Totally in love with this show!  Season 3 was the first season I started watching but I did the whole recap on PBS that talked about all the important things that happened in season's 1 and 2 so I pretty much knew what was going on.  I'm hooked!

4. Running...again.  I started running on Jared's grandparent's treadmill.  I knew that I didn't want to wait until it was warm to start running (Hello! It's Nebraska and sometimes it takes forever to warm up) and they just happened to have a fancy treadmill that they were gracious enough to let me use (thanks GG!).

5. This tutu!  I made this for a coworker and it turned out so cute I had to post a picture of it!

6. Making and breaking my New Year's Resolution.  My resolution this year was to stop drinking so much soda-getting it down to one a week.  I failed miserably at this.  Soda is one of my weaknesses-I just love the bubbles.  I don't drink one everyday but it's more than one a week.  I do really well if I don't keep it in the house so that's what I'm going to have to do.  I never feel bad about crapping out on my resolution-I know I'm not alone.  I think around 80% or more of people do too!

7.  I almost forgot!  The Rainbow!!!
The most amazing vacuum I've ever seen!  We have a Dyson Animal-a vacuum that's supposed to be top of the line and I have a husband that loves to clean and vacuum.  They demonstrated the Rainbow in our house that's vacuumed at least once a week and it pulled so much stuff out of the carpet I was almost sick.  Since we've been using the Rainbow I've seen a noticeable difference in our carpet and the amount of dust in our house...yep it's an air purifier too!

That's it for the month of January!

No comments:

Post a Comment