Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Logan's 3rd Birthday!

Logan turned 3 on March 11-I can't believe it!  It's so amazing to see this little person that couldn't do anything but sleep, eat and poop turn into such an intelligent, caring and funny person.  I've loved every minute of it so far and am excited to see what the next year will bring.
We celebrated on Saturday with family and close friends-it was a blast.  Logan received some awesome gifts-we're very blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives.
The theme of the party this year was Cars (the movie).  I asked Logan way back in January what kind of party he wanted to have and all he said he wanted was a Mater cake.  Thus the theme was decided.
I really enjoy decorating the house for holidays and his birthday parties and sometimes go a little overboard.  Last year I found these awesome decals that you can put right on the wall so I decided to do that again this year-it turned out really cute.  I also found a book of cardboard cutouts of some of the characters from the movie that we placed on the tables-those were pretty fun too.
Logan seemed to really enjoy the party-especially the presents!  Among them were a train table (from both sets of Grandparents), a motorized Mater truck, a motorized digger, and lots of cars from the movie Cars.  Jared and I bought him a couple of new trains for his train table and Cars 2.  I think the movie was more of a gift to ourselves so we can watch something other than Cars-we pretty much have that memorized.
This years menu consisted of a pickle and olive tray, a veggie and cracker tray with garlic herb dip, hot and spicy mix, cake (yum!), cherry chews and lemon cookies.  Lots of good food!



The train table




No comments:

Post a Comment